Re: Book List

Juanita Heyerman (jdh23@cornell.edu)
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 10:32:20 -0500

Dale wrote:
>I think I will attach a reading list to my School Board Candidacy
>handout this year. So I have started the list.

Dear Dale,
Thanks for the very interesting list! A small request: could you
please put the original publication date of books in your list? If you
want to add a reprint date after that, fine. But John Holt's "Freedom and
Beyond" and Dan Greenberg's "Free at Last" weren't written in 1995 - more
like about 25 years earlier, I think. It makes a big difference when
you're reading a book to know the historical context it came out of. Most
publishers include the original publication date, usually on the back of
the title page. If they don't, they should.

Regards,
Juanita (a.k.a. Marian the Librarian)