Re: What is a Sudbury School?

Scott David Gray (sdavid@tiac.net)
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 08:59:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 17 Jan 1998, Bill Mesrobian wrote:

> Can someone help me understand what a Sudbury School is? I'm
> gathering information as best I can and haven't found an affordable
> private school that offers a good environment.

This is a very big question. I would advise you to check out some of the
information on the Sudbury Valley School Web-Page (http://www.sudval.org).

The short answer is: A Sudbury School is a school with no curricula, where
there is a trusting community made up of, and defined by, the students and
staff.

After you've had a chance to review some of our literature, please feel
free to ask or discuss more specific questions on this list.

> I'd appreciate hearing from any of you on this topic.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Bill

Take care,

--Scott David Gray
reply to: sdavid@tiac.net
http://www.tiac.net/users/sdavid
Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be
the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than
under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may
sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who
torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so
with the approval of their own conscience.

-- C.S. Lewis