DSM: alternative colleges

sandra murphy (smurphy@win.bright.net)
Tue, 26 May 1998 13:51:51 -0500 (CDT)

At 21:29 5/22/98 EST, you wrote:
>Hi everyone. I wanted to add my two cents. I am currently a student
>at Goddard College in Plainfield, VT, a school which strives to be
>democratic in education

Dear Elly,

Thank you for your story! We have been investigating alternatives,
including the SVS model and others. I love to hear from students about what
it is that makes sense to you. On this mailing list, we can sit around as
parents and only guess what it must be like for you all.

I'm so happy for you that you found Goddard! My question is: how did you
happen to find out about it, and in your search for a new school, did you
come across any others which offerred a democratic and/or self-directed
learning environment? I was thinking how valuable that info. might be to
students who are looking for an alternative to the usual college format.
Have a wonderful, fulfilling and FUN time at school, and thank you for your
thoughts...

Sandy