Re: DSM: Dismal according to their own measure...

Scott David Gray (sdavid@tiac.net)
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 21:35:14 -0400

    A man was bothered by the sounds of loud children, who
played outside his window every afternoon. His wife had asked
them to stop, but to no avail. So, he hit on a plan.
    One day, he went outside and told the kids "I love the
sound of you enjoying your games. Every day that you come and
play in my yard, I will pay you $5.
    For a couple weeks, he gave the kids $5. Then, he went
out one day and said "I'm sorry but I can't afford to pay you
any more". The kids stopped playing outside his house
altogether after that.