Mark Stafford & Angela Sevin (markangela@mail.com)
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:45:38 -0800

This is Angela,

Mimsy, I really like the term "chaordic", is this the first time you've used it
or seen it used? It seems it would help me to define the free-flowing yet
purposeful movements of a Sudbury-like learning environment. In terms of
structures or systems, this would look more organic than mechanical. I'm
interested in where the tensions between qualitative and quantitative
methodologies might exist in a Sudbury school. For instance, you have the hard
and fast rules of the democratic judicial system, yet you sometimes get the sense
that students (and staff) can "do whatever they want." Thanks!

Angela