Re: DSM: RE: Genes and environment (was: About TCS)

Marko Koskinen (marko@vapaus.net)
Sun, 04 Mar 2001 14:52:03 -0500

> And my response is that the degree to which one's opinions affect their
> behavior varies according to the level of professionalism of the individual
> taking action. I don't really understand where you're trying to go from
> here.

Well, this is the answer I was looking for. I'm just not sure if I
understand what you mean by professionalism. It sounds like a way to
choose some beliefs over others, that it's a some kind of "miracle" way
of doing "the right thing". It may just be that, but I'm very interested
what that means in practice. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that
you see professionalism as an ability to choose between different
opinions and beliefs in different situations, so it's a kind of
roleplay?

It just sounds like professionalism is the opposite of honesty as you
describe it. And don't ge me wrong here, I'm not issuing any moral
stance here. I'm not saying that honesty is a good thing in every
situation. I'm just trying to understand what you're saying and I know
I'm not making it easy for you to understand me... =)

This is very unclear thinking... sorry 'bout that.

Marko