Re: DSM: DEMOCRACY, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND STANDARDIZATION IN EDUCATION

John Axtell (newlife@theofficenet.com)
Sun, 04 Mar 2001 16:10:07 -0800

David Rovner wrote:

> DEMOCRACY, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND STANDARDIZATION IN EDUCATION --
>
> 5.
> "Standardization (and Homogenization in Education.- D.R.) is an
> abomination. It runs totally contrary to the underlying ethic of America
> (and of Democracy.- D.R.) which stresses individual variation.

David,

In my opinion neither Democracy nor the ethic of America does anything to
promote individualization in fact it does everything possible to suppress
individualization. Our jails are full of people trying to be individuals that
did not want to be controlled by the "majority". In many cases minorities,
literally, have, because of the lack of interest of the "majority", passed laws
in their favor that eliminated individuality or individual rights.

The entire equal rights cause is just such a case where a very small miniority
have managed to eliminate the true, basic, and fundamental rights, of all for
the benefit of a very, very few.

No longer does one have the right to associate with those one wants to, or to
sell or serve to whom one wants. If one even dares to try to do so by legal
methods our society punishes them.

Democracy has nothing to do with individual rights except in the way they are
taken away from the people and transferred to the government.

John Axtell