DSM: RE: MAPS RSS Remove Request: 209.80.246.1 (fwd)

From: Scott David Gray (sdg@sudval.org)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 20:29:36 EDT

Good news, list-readers:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun Apr 29 15:59:20 PDT 2001
From: Peter E. Popovich <popovich@mail-abuse.org>
To: sdg@sudval.org
Subject: RE: MAPS RSS Remove Request: 209.80.246.1

Scott David Gray,

Thanks for writing. I've removed 209.80.246.1 from our list. Because
some of our users cache a local copy of the RSS list, it may take
anywhere from a few hours to a day for your site to completely disappear
from all copies of the RSS list.

If in the near future, 209.80.246.1 begins relaying messages,
we may relist it in the RSS.

For more information about this listing, including the time and date when
the site in question was added to our list, and a sample of the spam that
triggered the listing, please visit:
http://www.mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/nph-rss?209.80.246.1

If you'd like to test your own server in the future, you can! Use this URL:
http://mail-abuse.org/cgi-bin/nph-rss-selftest?08858ebeeg51592086bhkjade
(Please don't use this tester abusively -- if you don't own the server
you're testing, or you test a server repeatedly for no reason, we'll have
to cut you off from this tool and/or report you to your ISP/upstream.)

(En espaņol: http://www.mail-abuse.org/rss/espanol.html )

Peter E. Popovich
MAPS LLC RSS Team

Your original message follows:
RSS Remove Request
Fri Apr 27 21:14:20 PDT 2001

location: aramis.sudval.org (209.80.246.1)

sender-name: Scott David Gray

sender-mail: sdg@sudval.org

blocked-ip-addr: 209.80.246.1

message-body: I was appalled to see that we had an open relay, being used for SPAM. The first I heard of this was when I got your letter, informing me that our smtp server was blocked.

After much struggling (I hate sendmail!) we have upgraded and solved our problem! (Already tested by telnetting to mail-abuse.org)

We would like to be removed from your list of servers with open relay.

Thank you _very_ much for providing this service.