DSM: Family vs. Community

From: MssKolleen@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 14:02:41 EDT

Hi all, Its been quite a few years since I've been on this list. Five years
to be exact.
Its good to be back.

Here's a question that I'd very much appreciate your opinions on.

What do you consider more important?

Sending a young child (5 years) to a Sudbury Model school or living close to
the child's father?

Just for some background, I moved from NYC to CA because of a job offer that
was near a Cedarwood Sudbury School. It was my intentions to send my child to
Sudbury Model school since I was pregnant with him and read Daniel's book on
child-rearing.
His father agreed to move when the kid would be of school age. Suffice it to
say, he changed his mind and I really was very upset about sending my kid to
anything but a Sudbury model school.
So, I applied for work near a few of the schools that I at least knew ONE
person. I ended up getting a decent offer in Silicon Valley.

Now here it is we're VERY far from family and I'm questioning my judgment.

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,
Kolleen Shallcross