DSM: Family vs. Community

From: MssKolleen@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 14:02:41 EDT

Hi all, Its been quite a few years since I've been on this list. Five years
to be exact.
Its good to be back.

Here's a question that I'd very much appreciate your opinions on.

What do you consider more important?

Sending a young child (5 years) to a Sudbury Model school or living close to
the child's father?

Just for some background, I moved from NYC to CA because of a job offer that
was near a Cedarwood Sudbury School. It was my intentions to send my child to
Sudbury Model school since I was pregnant with him and read Daniel's book on
His father agreed to move when the kid would be of school age. Suffice it to
say, he changed his mind and I really was very upset about sending my kid to
anything but a Sudbury model school.
So, I applied for work near a few of the schools that I at least knew ONE
person. I ended up getting a decent offer in Silicon Valley.

Now here it is we're VERY far from family and I'm questioning my judgment.

Please share your thoughts.

Kolleen Shallcross

subject) of the message: