DSM: Re: SM in Ontario

From: Warren McMillan (warren@bmts.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 20:32:23 EDT

Hi Cindy. I'll respond to this here so as not to leave it hanging for
others and we can pursue Ontario issues separately, if you would like. I am
in the process of starting a SM school near Owen Sound and I am a group of
one. I know it is advisable to gather a group together but I am going on
the premise that supporters will appear if I persist. I have been living my
life according to a 'leap and the net will appear' kind of philosophy for
the past four years and it seems to work so I am approaching this quest in
that spirit. I can tell you, for example, that I went out and rented space
in a beautiful area beside a river using my own resources and the first
thing that happened was that a neighbour asked to rent the space from me in
the evenings to run TiChi lessons and he is giving me enough to pay the
rent! I don't know how I am going to pay for other things but I know that
it will happen. It's hard to stop an idea whose time has come, you know.
Anyway, I bought some of the SVS materials and am planning my first
information meeting for the end of May. I'll let you know how it goes.
BTW, there are legitimate ways for parents to claim tax deductions up to 65%
of tuition costs as the rules now stand without getting into this new
funding scheme.

It's good to hear there are other startups happening in Ontario.

Warren
Indian River Independent School
Email: warren@ischool.ca
Website: http://www.ischool.ca