Re: DSM: The Gifted (Was: Re: Sudbury Charter Schools)

From: Shelli Buhr (shellibuhr@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Mar 01 2002 - 13:26:21 EST

> > I am sorry Ardeshir, but the problem with what??
>
> The problem with a life of destitution, of course.

Ardeshir
you make things sound so gloom and doom, like the logical fallacy of the
slippery slope, it will all lead into an eventual ending here... Yet you
sign off with best. Ardeshir, sometimes I wonder why you are part of this
group but have not had the guts to ask because I felt I was being
judgmental. I do believe my judgments are only supposed to serve me in
making my own decisions on how I will interact with others becasue I dont
like being judgmental of others.

I am very curious and almost hesitant to ask why you are here? I ask this
because I see nit picking over details that are subject to subjective
opinion, in each beholders eye. Often I read negative gloom and doom posts.
We all have our opinions. If they dont match yours, great, if they do,
great.

I wouldnt expect my children to have the same views about anything but I
would assume each comes into their own blossoming in their own way. I dont
want to focus on how they got there, especially if it isnt in my agreement
but the bigger picture is that they get there. And it is up to them, just
like it is up to you and me to have an opinion. And the outcome of that
opinion, may not match your gloomed expectation and by the way you ARE
creating your reality when you put a bumper sticker on your car that says
Shit Happens.

I do not see it as destitution or I would have given up a long time ago. I
wouldnt waste my time when I could be doing things that are productive for
me. I began to ask myself, would I rather be right, or would I rather be
happy and I found the answered lied in my desire to be happy and how that
impacted my relationships. Sometimes that need to be right was more
powerful, but the only person hurt by that experience is me ultimately,
since I am not the person who is experiencing happiness, since I chose to be
right instead. I dont always think they are on the same side. You know, we
have that little devil and angel resting on how shoulders all the time.

I wish you happiness. I apologize if I am out of line. But I felt I needed
to speak the words of my own opinion.

Blessings,
Shelli

"dsm-digest"